Sunday, 16 November 2014

How Important Cosmetic Dentistry has become!

A teacher, one of the most loyal clients of Dentist Spring shared an experience with us on how important cosmetic dentistry has evolved in the current times and proves highly effective in building confidence and maintaining it in personal and professional spheres of life.

The experience shared went something like this…


While teaching on presentation skills and the way to effectively carry it out, I fumbled on an apparently very naïve question by one of my students. The question was, “Ma’am if you really think effective presentation skills requires proper eye contact, being dressed up well and connection with the audience with feelings and emotions then I believe I will fail to do so for I shy away from smiling cause my disproportionate teeth don’t offer an attractive glance.”

Now for a moment I was baffled by the originality and innocence of the question but I knew the answer to this one will make a lot of difference not only to the child and her confidence but actually the thoughts of the entire class.

So I measured each word and replied, “Honey with all our imperfections we have, we are in a world of compassionate people who accept each other for all their faults and strengths. Also if you feel that your smile is coming in your way of effective delivery then there certainly is a solution and in this era of technology we have a very affordable and timely one. With cosmetics we cover many of our imperfections every day. Similarly with cosmetic dentistry these minor imperfections could be addressed which shall open doors to building your confidence and taking it a long way.”

With a pat on my back I was satisfied and the students curious to know more hence we had an entire class on cosmetic dentistry the following day covering whitening, bridges, veneers, bonding and implants etc.

0 comments:

Post a Comment